Create a new kahoot
To create a kahoot from scratch, look for a “create” button or link, such as...
- the “Create” button in the top navigation bar,
- the “Create new” button on the Home page,
- or the “Create new” link on Kahoots page.
You’ll then need to choose between creating a kahoot or Jumble.
- New creator: Different question types offer a fun and engaging learning experience. Learn about building a kahoot here.
- Jumble: Every question has four answers that must be dragged into the correct order. Reports are not available for this game type. Learn about building a Jumble here.
PLEASE NOTE: We intend to deprecate the jumble creator in the future, eventually adding jumble as another question type in our new creator.
Duplicate a kahoot
Duplicating is useful if you want to get a kahoot ready quickly without having to create it from scratch. Just make a copy, then edit it to your liking.
You can find a “❏ Duplicate” option in the options menu [ ⋮ ], which can be found in various places.
- In search results on the Discover page
- In the description area on a kahoot’s Details page
- Under My Kahoots, your team space (subscription required), Favorites, or Shared with me on the Kahoots page.
Except for team space kahoots, all duplicates will be stored under My Kahoots on the Kahoots page. Team space kahoots will be under your team space. You can now click the options button [ ⋮ ] and choose “✎ Edit” to customize them.