Want to review performance data from past game sessions? Reports can be downloaded in XLSX format, saved directly to Google Drive, or viewed online as an advanced report (subscription required). All of these options can be accessed from the Reports page. Though this article doesn’t cover it, you can also view a mobile-friendly report in our iOS or Android mobile app.
Please note: Reports include each player’s nickname and streams of data collected on each player. But we do not collect/store identifiable information on players. Aside from a 15-character limit and a profanity filter, we impose no requirements or restrictions on nicknames. Nicknames cannot be used as a reliable identifier. Reports are intended for formative assessment purposes only.
My Reports and team reports
The Reports page has two lists of reports you can review:
- My Reports: Here you can view reports for kahoots visible to everyone or only you. For example, you’ll see sessions for games found on the Discover page or on the Kahoots page under My Kahoots, Favorites, or Shared with me.
- Team Reports: Here you can view reports for team kahoots. You must be an admin or member of a team space (subscription required) to access this list. This list will be the same name as your team.
Navigating a reports table
Available reports are by default sorted newest to oldest ( ˅ ) in a table. You can click different headers to sort by or click a selected header to reverse the sorting direction. Here’s a short description of sortable headers:
- Date played: When a live game or challenge was started.
- Title: The title of the kahoot played.
- Host: (team reports only) The username of the person that hosted the game.
- #Players: The number of unique players that answered at least one question.
The type and status of a game is noted to the left of the “Date played”.
- A red circle is a “challenge in progress”, meaning that the deadline has not been reached and report data may change. You can click the “ ⋮ “ on the far right and choose “share challenge” to view the active challenge’s PIN and share link.
- A golden trophy is a “completed challenge”, meaning that the deadline has been reached and report data will not change.
- No icon indicates a live game (classic or team mode). These reports aren’t available until shortly after the game has ended.
To download a report as XLSX, click the “ ⋮ “ on the far right of a game session and choose “Download report as .xlsx”. The report should download to your device within a few seconds.
To view an advanced report, click the “ ⋮ “ on the far right of a game session and choose “View advanced report” (you can also click anywhere in the game’s row). You must be an admin or member of a team space (subscription required) to view advanced reports.
To save to Google Drive, click the “ ⋮ “ on the far right of a game session and choose “Save to Google Drive”. A prompt with a save button will appear. Use that button to sign in to your Google account and choose where to save the report.