You select the account and workplace types when you're creating the account. The options you choose determine what offers and functionalities are available to you.
Certain account types cannot be changed.
If you set your account type to business, it won't be possible to change it to another setting.
How to check and change your account type
- Click on the avatar icon in the top right corner of our platform.
- Select the Profile settings option.
- In the Account details section, you can see your current setup.
- If it's greyed out, you cannot change it.
- If you can click and open a drop-down list, you can change the account type.
Each of our account and workplace types has its purpose and can be used in a specific context.
- TEACHER - for teachers and professors at public K-12 schools, colleges, or universities.
- STUDENT - for students at K-12 schools, colleges, or universities.
- PERSONAL - for those who intend to use Kahoot! for personal/social use.
- PROFESSIONAL/BUSINESS - for users affiliated with for-profit or non-profit organizations.
- School: Select this option if you are working as a teacher in a public K-12 school or educational institution.
- Higher education: Select this option if you are working as a teacher in a higher education institution.
- School administration: Select this option if you are working in a public school administration.
- Business: Select this option if you are working in a for-profit institution.
If you selected an incorrect type upon account creation and you cannot change it in the settings, you can contact our Support Team and ask for help. Make sure to provide the email tied to your account and include:
- the reason why you need to change the account/workplace type,
- the context in which you're using Kahoot!,
- the name of your company, school, institution (if applicable),
- the age of your audience (if you're a teacher).