Kahoot! Pop-Pop Multiplications offers new ways for learners to explore math topics and expand their skills through strategic thinking. Similar to traditional kahoots, Pop-Pop Multiplications allows teachers to host on a big screen and students can join with a unique PIN code. Kahoot! Pop-Pop Multiplications does not use a quiz system to transfer knowledge but adapts specific and unique interaction-based gameplay on multiplication.
Core principles of Kahoot! Pop-Pop Multiplications:
- Engages students with interactive questions to spark strategic thinking.
- Sparks curiosity and offers a wide variety of levels.
- The learning path is adapted to each student’s individual needs.
- Built-in differentiation allows everyone to work at their own pace.
- Encourages collaboration, where all players will work together to obtain a reward at the end of the game.
Age range: 8+
Scope: Learning the multiplication table up to 12
Read more: How to play Kahoot! Pop-Pop Multiplications
Kahoot! Pop-Pop Multiplications does not require any prior knowledge of multiplication. The gameplay focuses on building a strong foundation on the concept of multiplication through creating and interacting with the arrangement of objects by creating arrays. This allows students to gradually master the times table and apply their skills to new problems and scenarios.
How to get started with Kahoot! Pop-Pop Multiplications
On the START PAGE of the Kahoot! Pop-Pop Multiplications, you will see all the available playlists. A playlist is a sequence of levels that students will play during a ten-minute session.
Select a Playlist
The playlists are focused on topics specified in the title and explained on the "details page" (click on the playlist’s name or thumbnail).
Three playlists are free to play: Multiply up to 5x5, Multiplication facts up to 10 (medium), and Multiplication facts up to 10 (hard). The other playlists are included in certain paid plans.
Each Kahoot! Pop-Pop Multiplications playlist includes a tutorial and onboarding experience for hosts and players. Click the Watch tutorial button at the top of the list.
How to host Kahoot! Pop-Pop Multiplications
After choosing your playlist and selecting your time duration (limited to 10 minutes for now), you will enter the host page with an automatically generated game PIN.
- Ask your students to open Kahoot! app or go to: https://kahoot.it.
- Students need to enter the game PIN and a nickname to join the game.
- When all your students are in the lobby, click on the Start button.
- Read the tutorial to help your students better understand the game. You can skip it if the tutorial is not needed.
- If the host doesn't lock the game, players can join the game after it has been started. The PIN is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- The host can end the game before the 10-minute mark by clicking the End now button in the top right corner of the screen.