As outlined in our Terms and Conditions, it's the responsibility of every user to ensure that their content is not:
- illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language
- Infringing on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party
- Containing any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising
- Impersonating any person or entity, including any Kahoot! AS employees or representatives
How did my kahoot get flagged?
Only public content (saved as “Visible to: Everyone”) is subject to moderation. We have three methods of moderation in place:
- AI scans for inappropriate content
- Moderators search for inappropriate content
- Users can manually flag inappropriate content
What are the different moderation statuses?
Once flagged, our moderation team will review your kahoot (usually within 24 hours) to determine if it should be quarantined or approved.
- Flagged: You can edit, delete, and play your kahoot. It’s visible only to everyone.
- Quarantined: You can only edit or delete your kahoot. It’s visible only to you.
- Approved: You can edit, delete, play and share your kahoot. It’s visible to everyone and cannot be flagged again until after you’ve edited it.
How do I get my kahoot out of moderation?
Contact us at email@example.com to ask that we re-review your kahoot. Please include your username and the title of the kahoot in your message.
- If you feel your kahoot was flagged or quarantined in error, let us know and we’ll happily investigate.
- If you’d like to change your kahoot’s visibility to “Only me” and keep it as-is, share with us why and we’ll gladly consider it.
- If you’ve saved edits and believe your kahoot now aligns with our Terms and Conditions, just send us notice. We’ll either approve it or let you know if anything else needs to be addressed.