Our promise: Kahoot! is free for teachers
First of all, let us reassure you - it’s our commitment to keep Kahoot! free for K-12 and higher education teachers. Kahoot! for schools is complementary to the free product that is available today. So, the Kahoot! millions of educators know and love isn’t going anywhere! As a teacher, you can use Kahoot! for free - and so can your students. We plan to continue improving Kahoot! as part of our mission to make learning awesome.
Not sure what’s included in each plan? You can always see our current pricing and special offers for K-12 teachers here, or for higher education teachers here. Below is a breakdown of some key differences between each plan.
Curious how Kahoot! works? Try it out before you introduce it to your school! The Basic plan allows you to:
- Create and share games.
- Add quiz and true/false questions.
- Import kahoot questions from a spreadsheet or our question bank.
- View basic web-hosted endgame reports.
- Download game reports as an Excel spreadsheet.
- Create kahoots faster with "fill-in-the-blank" templates (some include Pro, Premium, or Premium+ features).
- For K-12 teachers, host up to 1,000 in live games or 100 in challenges.
- For higher ed, host up to 50 in live games or challenges.
|Kahoot! Plus is no longer offered. Existing Kahoot! Plus subscribers will continue to have these benefits. Upgrade to Kahoot! Pro for the same benefits and more.|
Have upcoming classes, events or PD training that you want to use Kahoot! at? Upgrade your account to Kahoot! Plus so you get the following features:
- Enjoy all features included in Kahoot! Basic.
- Co-create games in a safe, secure team space.
- Organize your personal and team games into folders.
- View advanced web-hosted endgame reports.
- Auto-pay via credit card, Apple Pay, or PayPal.
- For K-12 teachers, host up to 1,000 in live games or 200 in challenges.
- For higher ed, host up to 100 in live games or challenges.
Want to step-up the quality and speed of creating kahoots? Upgrading to Pro unlocks:
- All features included in Kahoot! Basic and Plus.
- Adding puzzles for players to test deeper understanding.
- Adding slides between questions for more context.
- Adding polls to gather player feedback.
- Our image library with millions of high-quality images.
- Our Image reveal effect to change up gameplay and focus players.
- Quicker replies when you contact our support team.
- Pay by invoice via credit card or PayPal.
- For K-12 teachers, host up to 1,000 in live games or in challenges.
- For higher ed, host up to 200 in live games or challenges.
Want to step-up the quality and speed of creating kahoots? Upgrading to Premium unlocks:
- All features included in Kahoot! Basic, Plus, and Pro.
- Add Type Answer quiz questions.
- Add word cloud poll questions (Higher ed only).
- Personalized learning.
- Branding games with school logo.
- Create a public profile (contact us to set one up).
- Shareable license key.
- For K-12 teachers, host up to 2,000 in live games or challenges.
- For higher ed, host up to 2,000 in live games or challenges.
Premium+ is our most powerful offering, and allows teachers to get advanced tools to create interactive lessons that students will love, while schools and districts are able to collaborate at a large scale. Upgrading to Premium+ unlocks:
- All features included in Kahoot! Premium
- Teach interactive lessons by combining slides with questions
- No limitations on how many consecutive slides you can add to your Kahoot! game
- Import slides from presentations created in PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Slides, or from a PDF file straight into your kahoots
- Combine reports (coming soon)
- Custom edition for schools, districts and higher education institutions (coming soon)
- Create lessons plans (coming soon)
- Assess learning progress over time (coming soon)
All plans are billed annually. Based on your location, pricing will be in USD ($), NOK (kr), GBP (£), or EUR (€).
If you provided card details to start a subscription, your card will be charged immediately, as well as automatically when your annual billing cycle renews. Cancel beforehand to prevent a future charge. We accept the following:
- Debit/credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express)
- Apple Pay (available on Safari browser only)
Disclaimer: Some card providers impose a processing fee or require pre-authorization. Please contact your card provider if your card details are not accepted, or the amount charged is slightly higher than we invoiced.
Pay by invoice
For Kahoot! Premium+ subscribers, you can choose to “pay by invoice” when starting your subscription. If you do, you will initially receive by email a $0 invoice for a temporary trial. Within 1-3 days, our team will manually create a new invoice with the invoicing details you submitted. This new invoice must be paid within 30 days. Manual invoicing allows three payment options:
- Debit/credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express)
- EFT/EBT (Electronic Funds/Bank Transfer)
|Checks or cash are not accepted. Electronic payment only.|
Free trials may be available for some plans. Opting for a free trial can void your eligibility for certain promotions, as some offers are only valid if you choose “Buy now”.
To start a trial, select the “Free trial” button on our pricing page. After the trial ends, we will automatically charge you the agreed price for the number of licenses selected. Cancel before your trial expires to prevent a charge.
Need certain documents for your school’s approval process?
You can start with Kahoot! for schools on your own and invite other teachers now or later, or get on board together with your team right away. You can also continue using the free version as an individual teacher and upgrade to Kahoot! for schools anytime in the future. The choice is yours! :)
Let’s make learning awesome together!