Our promise: Kahoot! is free for K-12 teachers
First of all, let us reassure you - it’s our commitment to keep Kahoot! free for K-12 and higher education teachers. Kahoot! for schools is complementary to the free product that is available today. So, the Kahoot! millions of educators know and love isn’t going anywhere! As a teacher, you can use Kahoot! for free - and so can your students. We plan to continue improving Kahoot! as part of our mission to make learning awesome.
Kahoot! for schools plans
Kahoot! Basic: Curious how Kahoot! works? Try it out before you introduce it to your school! The Basic plan allows you to:
- Create and share games
- Add multiple choice quiz questions and true/false questions
- Import kahoot questions from a spreadsheet or our question bank
- Host live games with up to 1,000 players and challenges with up to 100 players
- Download game reports as an Excel spreadsheet
Kahoot! Plus: Have upcoming classes, events or PD training that you want to use Kahoot! at? Upgrade your account to Kahoot! Plus so you get the following features:
- Enjoy all features included in Kahoot! Basic
- Co-create games in a safe, secure team space
- Organize your personal and team games into folders
- Add a school-branded theme to private and team games
- Host live games with up to 1,000 players and challenges with up to 200 players
- View web-hosted endgame reports
- Access template kahoots preloaded in your team space
- Auto-pay via credit card, Apple Pay, or PayPal
Kahoot! Pro: Want to step-up the quality and speed of creating kahoots? Upgrading to Pro unlocks:
- All features included in Kahoot! Basic and Plus
- Adding slides between questions for more context
- Adding polls to gather player feedback
- Our image library with millions of high-quality images
- Hosting live games and challenges with up to 2,000 players
- Quick replies when you contact our support team
- Pay by invoice via credit card, PayPal, or EFT/EBT (wire transfer)
Kahoot! for schools offers teachers, schools, and districts a more collaborative and engaging game experience. Check our pricing pages for details about plans and features.
Based on your location, pricing will be in USD ($), NOK (kr), GBP (£), or EUR (€).
Auto-pay: If you provided card details to start a subscription, your card will be charged immediately, as well as automatically when your annual billing cycle renews. Cancel beforehand to prevent a future charge. We accept the following:
- Debit/credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express)
- Apple Pay (available on Safari browser only)
Disclaimer: Some card providers impose a processing fee or require pre-authorization. Please contact your card provider if your card details are not accepted, or the amount charged is slightly higher than invoiced.
Manual payment: For Kahoot! Pro subscribers, you can choose to “pay by invoice” when starting your subscription. If you do, you will initially receive by email a $0 invoice for a temporary trial. Within 1-3 days, our team will manually create a new invoice with the plan and invoicing details you submitted. This new invoice must be paid within 30 days. Manual invoicing allows three payment options:
- Debit/credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express)
- EFT/EBT (Electronic Funds/Bank Transfer)
All plans are billed annually.
Need certain documents for your school’s approval process?
You can start with Kahoot! for schools on your own and invite other teachers now or later, or get on board together with your team right away. You can also continue using the free version as an individual K-12 teacher and upgrade to Kahoot! for schools anytime in the future. The choice is yours! :)
Let’s make learning awesome together!