You can team up with your family and friends to create and edit kahoots together. You collaborate in a “shared space” that family and friends can be invited to.
How shared spaces work
When you start a subscription, you become the admin of your own shared space. The admin is the only person that can make or request changes to the subscription, as well as invite family and friends.
- Admin and members can co-create shared space kahoots.
- Admin and members can host live games with shared space kahoots.
- Admin and members can send mobile challenges with shared space kahoots.
- Admin and members can view detailed reports on shared space kahoots.
How to join a shared space
To join an existing shared space, the admin must invite you. Once they do, you should receive an email invitation. Accept that invite to join with an existing account or create a new account. Invite links are one-time use, valid for up to 7 days.
Unable to accept the invite?
There are a few common reasons:
- “Email already exists” error - You’ll see this if you’re trying to create a new account with an email that’s already tied to an existing account. Try joining with the existing account.
- “Already part of a team” error - You’ll see this if your account has already set up its own Kahoot Plus family pack subscription or is part of another shared space. You’ll need to cancel and “delete team space” or ask the admin of your current shared space to remove you before you can join another shared space.
How to start a shared space
To create your own shared space, you need an account. Family and friends plans are only available to users that plan to use Kahoot! socially (for example, birthday parties, weddings, etc..).
Next, you’ll be prompted to set up a billing profile. We accept debit or credit cards from Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. We will charge your card to start your subscription and when it auto-renews each year (cancel anytime to prevent auto-renewal).
Complete the billing information form to create your own shared space.
Below are some details on each field:
- First and last name: These should match what’s on your card.
- Email address: We’ll send invoices to this email whenever your card is charged.
- Card Number, Expiry date, and CVV: These should match what’s on your card.
- Country and Postal code: These should match what your card provider has on file.
- Users: If you know you’re going to invite others to your shared space, you can purchase licenses for them now so that all licenses are purchased on one invoice. Otherwise, you can add/remove additional licenses later on as needed.
Congratulations! You’re now admin of your own shared space.