Birthdays, weddings, holidays, game nights, family dinners, trivia - Kahoot! for family and friends can make any social gathering even more awesome! With Kahoot! Plus for family and friends and Kahoot! Plus family pack, optional paid upgrades, you can step up your quizmaster skills, access editable templates and ready-to-play games and access more advanced features! Check our overview of plans for details about how they can help you step up your game.
Kahoot! for family & friends plans
Kahoot! Basic: Curious how Kahoot! works? Try it out! The Basic plan allows you to:
- Create and share games
- Add multiple choice quiz questions and true/false questions
- Import questions from a spreadsheet or our question bank
- Host games visible to everyone as live games and challenges with up to 20 players
- Download game reports as an Excel spreadsheet
Kahoot! Plus: Have upcoming events or training that you want to use Kahoot! at? Upgrade your account to Kahoot! Plus so you get the following features:
- Enjoy all features included in Kahoot! Basic
- Create and share games visible to everyone
- Co-create games in a safe, secure team space
- Organize your personal and team games into folders
- Add a company-branded theme to private and team games
- Host games visible to only you or your team as live games and challenges with up to 20 players
- View web-hosted endgame reports
- Create new kahoots from templates (some contain Pro/Premium features)
- Auto-pay via credit card, Apple Pay, or PayPal
Kahoot! Pro: Want to step-up the quality and speed of creating kahoots? Upgrading to Pro unlocks:
- All features included in Kahoot! Basic and Plus
- Adding puzzles for players to sort answers
- Adding slides between questions for more context
- Adding polls to gather player feedback
- Our image library with millions of high-quality images
- Hosting live games and challenges with up to 50 players
- Quick replies when you contact our support team
Kahoot! Premium: Want to host a large scale game? Or do you require a manual payment method? With Kahoot! Premium, you can:
- Enjoy all features included in Kahoot! Basic, Plus and Pro
- Unlist kahoots so they are only accessible via a share link
- Host live games and challenges with up to 2,000 players
- Pay by invoice via credit card, PayPal, or EFT/EBT (wire transfer)
Billing and payment options
A free trial is available with Kahoot! Plus. To start a trial, select the “Free trial” button on our pricing page. After the trial ends, we will automatically charge you the agreed price for the amount of licenses selected. Cancel before your trial expires to prevent a charge.
Opting for a free trial can make you ineligible for certain advertised promotions, as some offers are only valid if you choose “Buy now”.
By default, all plans are billed annually. On our pricing page, there is a switch underneath our plans that lets you change from annual to monthly. Monthly billing is only available with Plus for family and friends.
Based on your location, pricing will be in USD ($), NOK (kr), GBP (£), or EUR (€).
Once you start a subscription, your card will be charged immediately (buy now) or once your trial ends (free trial), as well as automatically when your billing cycle renews. Cancel beforehand to prevent a future charge. We accept the following:
- Debit/credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express)
- Apple Pay (available on Safari browser only)
Disclaimer: Some card providers impose a processing fee or require pre-authorization. Please contact your card provider if your card details are not accepted, or the amount charged is slightly higher than invoiced.
Pay by invoice
For Kahoot! Premium subscribers, you can choose to “pay by invoice” when starting your subscription. If you do, you will initially receive by email a $0 invoice for a temporary trial. Within 1-3 days, we will manually create a new invoice with the plan and invoicing details you submitted. This new invoice must be paid within 30 days. Manual invoicing allows three payment options:
- Debit/credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express)
- EFT/EBT (Electronic Funds/Bank Transfer)