A Jumble kahoot is a fun alternative to a quiz, where players need to sort answers in a specific order - for example, historical dates or words in a sentence.
Here are a few important facts about Jumbles:
- Reports after a game are not available for jumbles.
- Jumbles can only be played as a live game, not as a challenge.
- Every question must have four answers, not two or three.
- Answers are always randomized during gameplay.
Playing a jumble
Jumbles can only be played as a live game. They require that participants of your jumble join by going to kahoot.it or tapping the “Enter PIN” button in our iOS or Android mobile app. Once you start the game, participants will answer questions by dragging color-coded shapes into what they think is the correct order. They must then use the “K!” button to submit their answer.
Creating a jumble from scratch
To create a jumble from scratch, look for a “create” button or link, such as...
- the “Create” button in the top navigation bar,
- the “Create new” button on the Home page,
- or the “Create new” link on Kahoots page.
You’ll then need to choose between creating a kahoot or jumble.
- New creator: Different question types offer a fun and engaging learning experience. Learn about building a kahoot here.
- Jumble: Every question has four answers that must be dragged into the correct order. Reports are not available for this game type.
PLEASE NOTE: We intend to deprecate the jumble creator in the future, eventually adding jumble as another question type in our new creator.
Editing an existing jumble
To edit an existing jumble of yours, simply click the options button [ ⋮ ] and choose “✎ Edit”.
- You can only edit jumbles you’ve created or duplicated, found in My Kahoots list.
- As an admin or member of a team (subscription required), you and other members can edit each other's' team space jumbles.
Jumble creator overview
Once you enter the jumble creator, it will look like this.
TOP NAVIGATION: Click “Save” to save the edits you’ve made, or click “Exit” to leave the creator without updating our database. Changes made are only uploaded to our servers when you click “Save”.
DESCRIPTION: Click the pencil button to edit various settings related to how you and others can find your kahoot. If your kahoot is visible to everyone and you share a link to it on popular social media sites, a preview with your kahoot’s title, description, and cover image will be generated.
- Top Navigation: Click “Ok, go” to cache any edits you’ve made. Caching temporarily stores your edits on your own device. You’ll need to click “Ok, go” and then the “Save” button to update our database. Or you can click “Close” to not cache your edits.
- Search details: Our Discover page’s search algorithm weighs keywords found in your title and description higher than keywords found in your questions. In your description, you can add a # in front of words to highlight them as closely related to your kahoot (for example, “A #trivia quiz about #popular #music”). Adding a cover image also boosts your kahoot’s search ranking versus similar kahoots without a cover image.
- Filter details: Visibility determines if your kahoot can be accessed by others in and out of our platform (everyone) or only you. The language you choose determines if your kahoot will appear when search results are filtered for only a select set of languages. If your account is part of an active subscription, you can use “Location” to save your kahoot in a personal or team folder.
- Additional details: If your account is part of an active subscription and your kahoot is visible to only you or your team, you can switch between K!lassic or your team’s theme (displays your company’s logo throughout gameplay). If your jumble relies on any particular sources for content, you can credit those resources. An intro video will play on repeat in the background while participants join a live game. This can be a useful opportunity to present an instructional or informative video your kahoot is based on. Or you can embed a music video to serve as custom lobby music.
QUESTION LIST: If your jumble already has questions, they will appear above the “Add Jumble Question” button. Questions can be rearranged by grabbing their left-side handle and dragging up/down to a new position. You can also use a question’s copy button to duplicate it, or its trash button to delete it. Click the “Add Jumble Question” button to add a question, or a question’s pencil button to edit it.
- Question: Ask a question or provide instruction for participants to follow. 95 characters max.
- Media: Upload an image from your computer or our image library, or embed a YouTube video.
- Time limit: Set how much time participants have to answer.
- Award points: Toggle whether correct answers award points or not.
- Answer 1, 2, 3, 4: Add your answers in the correctly sorted order. During gameplay, answer order will always be randomized.
- Credit resources: Input a web address or proper citation for the source of your media or question. 1,000 characters max.