Personalized learning uses proven learning methods such as spacing and testing to help learners retain information and master content. After a live game, our Android or iOS mobile app will encourage students to repeat questions they got wrong so they can master content. The app will space these repeats out over the course of seven days. Each time, questions they answer incorrectly are asked again until they answer correctly. As the host, you can see each student’s progress through personalized learning from your game’s advanced report leaderboard.
How to host with personalized learning
- Click the play button on any kahoot visible to only you or your team.
- Toggle on “Enable personalized learning” under Classic and Team mode buttons.
- Click “Classic” to start the game.
To play personalized learning, students need to use our Android or iOS mobile app. If they join at kahoot.it, they will be prompted immediately after joining and after the game ends to download our Android or iOS mobile app.
How to track personalized learning
- Two badges means the student completed both sessions of personalized learning.
- One badge means the student completed the first session of personalized learning.
- No badge means the student didn’t complete any personalized learning.
How personalized learning works
Immediately after a live game ends, each student will be prompted to start personalized learning:
Our Android or iOS mobile app will prompt the student to repeat any questions they answered incorrectly.
- If all questions were answered correctly in the live game, step 1 is instantly complete.
Seven days after step 1 was completed, our Android or iOS mobile app will notify the player that step 2 is unlocked.
- They will replay the entire game as a single-player at their own pace.
- They must retake questions answered incorrectly until all are correctly answered.