Personalized learning uses proven learning methods such as spacing and testing to help learners retain information and master content. After a live game, our Android or iOS mobile app will encourage players to repeat questions they got wrong. The app will space these repeats out over the course of seven days. Each time, questions they answer incorrectly are asked again until they answer correctly. As the host, you can see from your game’s advanced report leaderboard each player’s progress through personalized learning.
Host with personalized learning
- Click the play button on any kahoot visible to only you or your team.
- Toggle on “Enable personalized learning” under Classic and Team mode buttons.
- Click “Classic” to start the game.
We recommend having your players join with our Android or iOS mobile app. They can go to kahoot.it on their mobile device for a quick link to download. Our mobile app will be required to complete personalized learning.
Track personalized learning
Open an advanced report from the Reports page. If personalized learning was enabled for this game, the leaderboard will have a “Personalized learning” column you can sort by.
- Two badges means the player completed both sessions of personalized learning.
- One badge means the player completed the first session of personalized learning.
- No badge means the player didn’t complete any personalized learning.
Playing personalized learning
Immediately after a live game ends, each player will be prompted to start personalized learning:
Our Android or iOS mobile app will prompt the player to repeat any questions they answered incorrectly.
- If all questions were answered correctly in the live game, step 1 is instantly complete.
Seven days after step 1 was completed, our Android or iOS mobile app will notify the player that step 2 is unlocked.
- They will replay the entire game as a single player at their own pace.
- They must retake questions answered incorrectly until all are correctly answered.