How to upgrade
To upgrade click the Upgrade button in your account's top navigation bar.
Alternatively, you can go directly to the pricing page and select the relevant plan there:
You can upgrade anytime. Upgrades take effect immediately and maintain your current renewal date. An upfront prorated payment is required.
What does "prorated" mean?
This common legal / financial term derives from "pro rata", meaning "in equal portions". With regard to upgrade fees, our system assesses a few things:
- What did you pay to start your current subscription?
- What is the cost of your new subscription?
- What percent of time remains on your current paid period?
Our system prorates according to this formula:
([new plan] - [old plan]) x [time remaining]
For example, let's say...
- You paid $100 to start your current annual subscription.
- Your new subscription costs $200 annually.
- You have exactly 6 months (50%) remaining on your current paid period.
- ([new plan] - [old plan])
$200 - $100 = $100 upgrade fee
- [upgrade fee] x [time remaining])
$100 x 0.5 = $50 prorated upgrade fee
How to downgrade
While you can schedule a downgrade at any time, please note that we do not prorate or refund for downgrades. Downgrades are effective upon renewal, after the end of your current paid period and at the start of your next paid period.
You can downgrade via the "upgrade now" link in your account's top navigation bar or any "upgrade now" link within our platform. A list of available plans will be displayed for you to choose. Simply choose a new plan and confirm new payment terms.
Once a downgrade takes effect, you'll still have access to content you created, however, some features may no longer be available to you. You'll be able to host games, but you won't be able to save edits.
To save your game, you will either have to:
- upgrade to a higher plan, or
- delete that question type.