In some cases, your payment might not go through. There could be several reasons why this is happening. This article will help you understand what the issue might be.
Error messages you may receive when processing a payment:
- “Uh-oh, authentication failed. Please try again, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if the error persists.”
- "Uh-oh, we're not able to process the payment. Are you sure you entered your card details correctly?"
1. Insufficient funds: It is possible you do not have enough funds on your payment method to cover the subscription cost.
2. Insufficient number of licenses: The number of licenses you are trying to buy is less than the number of active licenses/members in your organization. Displays for workspace owners.
3. Authorization with 3-D Secure: In the EU, the PSD2 regulation requires explicit confirmation of online purchases, which means that online transactions require a strong customer authentication process. If we aren’t able to receive this confirmation, the transaction will most likely not be accepted. One of the key reasons behind this is that 3D Secure verification isn’t completed on the user’s side.
What is 3D secure, and how can I activate it?
A 3D Secure payment is an online payment transaction with extra security. The bank checks if it is really the customer who makes the payment. Each bank has its own way of verifying the customer, such as two-factor authentication, a password, fingerprint, or scanning a physical ID tag.
You shouldn’t have to activate 3D Secure for your payment methods. This is all done by the bank. If you have 3D Secure payment activated, the bank will ask for additional authentication. If you experience an issue with 3D Secure verification, you may have to contact your bank to find a solution.
Other causes for payment failures:
Make sure your payment method is:
- Registered in the same country to your Kahoot! account.
- Not expired or canceled.
- Enabled for foreign, secure online, and recurring purchases. Contact your bank or payment provider to check.
Kahoot! operates out of Norway, so you will need to make sure your payment card is authorized for transactions to Norway.
Make sure your bank or payment provider has your correct details. They may need to verify your identity for security, e.g. with a password, PIN, fingerprint, or code sent to your device.
For further help, it’s best to get in touch with your card-issuing bank.
I am having trouble with payment on a renewing subscription, what can I do?
Please find your failed invoice. If your renewal failed, you should be able to open the past due invoice there and pay it directly with your payment card.