Deliver bite-sized training on any topic, anywhere, anytime! Instead of assigning each kahoot individually, you can now add a series of kahoots to a course and assign the course to participants.
Who can a course be assigned to:
Anyone, with or without an existing Kahoot! account. Courses are assigned to email addresses.
For the best learning experience, ask your learners to use the Kahoot! mobile app and create a Kahoot! account. They will be able to log in and track their own progress in addition to using the automatic email reminders to join the next part of the course.
Note to school teachers: Assigning courses requires a Kahoot! EDU school & district plan. If you already have an EDU plan, you or the owner of your team must go to the Team settings page and agree to Kahoot! collecting student information. Once this is done, you and others on your team can assign courses.
How to create and assign a course step by step:
- Navigate to the Library on the top bar and find courses on the left-hand side. Click Create course to start setting up a course from your existing kahoots.
- Name your course and optionally add a description and cover image.
- Choose up to 10 kahoots that should be added to your course.
Your course is ready. You will now be prompt to start the first-course session.
- Set a deadline for your course session and adjust the course options accordingly.
- Invite learners to your course session by adding their email addresses, either by copying and pasting or importing a spreadsheet of email addresses.
- You can then add an optional message to your learners with more details on the course session together with its deadline.
The course is now successfully assigned but what next?
You can track your learners' progress for each of the sessions in the Reports tab or directly through the Course tab.
- A started course session can be ended anytime before its set End date.
- The end date can be extended through the course sessions report summary.
How to join an assigned course:
- You will receive an email invitation to join the course
For the best learner experience use the Kahoot! mobile app and create or log into a Kahoot! Account. You will be able to track your course progress through the app.
- Accept the invitation by clicking Start course
- You will then be prompt to another window where you can start the first part of the course
- After each part is completed a new invitation will be sent to your email address to continue the course.
- Your progress can be tracked in the app if you were logged in through your Kahoot! Account when starting the course.
Can I add private kahoots from My Kahoots space to a course?
If you have a subscription that includes the shared workspace functionality they will be moved away from your My Kahoots space to your shared workspace and thus become visible to your whole organization once you choose to add them to the course.
If you are on an individual plan without shared workspace access, you can add games to courses and their location won't be altered.
How many kahoots can each course contain?
- Up to 10 kahoots
Can I add more kahoots to an existing course?
- Yes! However, this change will only apply to the upcoming sessions.
What is the difference between a course and a course session?
- A course is a set of kahoots that can be assigned to a group of learners through a session.
How do I end my course session before the set deadline or how can I extend the deadline?
- Navigate to the chosen session through the Courses tab or in the Reports tab.
- Click End Now if you wish to end the session.
- Click Change if you wish to adjust the end date.