Deliver bite-sized training on any topic, anywhere, anytime! Instead of assigning each kahoot individually, you can now add a series of kahoots to a course and assign the course to participants.
- Who can participate in a course
- How to create a course
- How to assign or host a course
- How to check course's progress
- How to join an assigned course
Who can participate in a course
Anyone, with or without an existing Kahoot! account.
For the best learning experience, ask your learners to use the Kahoot! mobile app and create a Kahoot! account. They will be able to log in and track their own progress in addition to using the automatic email reminders to join the next part of the course.
Note to school teachers
Assigning courses requires a Kahoot! EDU school & district plan and agreeing to Kahoot! collecting student information.
Otherwise, teachers are limited to hosting the courses as live sessions.
How to create a course
Click Create in the top right corner and then select the Course option to start setting up a course from your existing kahoots.
Follow the steps from the Creator guide.
Add the kahoots, documents (max. file size: 10MB; format: .pdf), videos (from YouTube or Vimeo), or activities from our Math lab (available only to teachers).
Click the gearwheel icon in the top right corner to adjust the settings. Here you can add description, topic, and language.
In the Design section, you can add up to 5 preview images and set a cover image
In the Resources section, you can add documents that you think might be useful in running the course. E.g. Glossary, Students' worksheets, etc. Upload max. 10 PDF files. Max. file size: 10MB. They will be visible and downloadable from your course's page.
In the Visibility section you can decide who can find and view your course.
5. Click Save to finish the course.
How to assign or host a course
- Find the course in the Courses section of the Library tab.
- Open the course, click Start and Create.
3. Adjust the settings and choose whether you want to Assign the course for players to play independently to Start live session.
If you select the Assign option, you can later assign the course to the learners in the Sessions section of the course and in the Reports section.
If you select the Start live option, you'll be taken to a screen where you can start each kahoot from the course as a live game or play all the kahoots in a sequence (click the Start button in the top right corner). You can also click Open to view the documents from the course.
How to check course's progress
You can track your learners' progress for each of the sessions in the Reports tab or directly through the Course tab.
- A started course session can be ended anytime before its set End date.
- The end date can be extended through the course sessions report summary.
How to join an assigned course
- You will receive an email invitation to join the course.
For the best learner experience use the Kahoot! mobile app and create or log into a Kahoot! account. You will be able to track your course progress through the app.
- Accept the invitation by clicking Start course.
- You will then be prompt to another window where you can start the first part of the course.
- After each part is completed a new invitation will be sent to your email address to continue the course.
- Your progress can be tracked in the app if you were logged in through your Kahoot! account when starting the course.
Can I add private kahoots from My Kahoots space to a course?
If you the course you are creating is set to public, the private kahoots you add, will be turned to public as well. Pay attention to the warning at the bottom of the window. To avoid this, change the visibility of the course in settings.
If you are creating the course in a shared workspace the kahoot will be moved away from your My Kahoots space to the shared workspace and thus become visible to your whole organization once you choose to add them to the course.
If you are on an individual plan without shared workspace access, you can add games to courses and their location won't be altered.
Can I add more kahoots to an existing course?
- Yes! However, this change will only apply to the upcoming sessions.
What is the difference between a course and a course session?
- A course is a set of kahoots that can be assigned to a group of learners through a session.
How do I end my course session before the set deadline or how can I extend the deadline?
- Navigate to the chosen session through the Courses tab or in the Reports tab.
- Click End Now if you wish to end the session.
- Click Change if you wish to adjust the end date.