The Kahoot! mobile app now supports SharePlay in Apple’s FaceTime app. You can now host and join kahoot sessions directly within a FaceTime call!
SharePlay gives users the ability to share inside FaceTime and can easily be confused with AirPlay. AirPlay lets you stream media from an Apple device to other compatible devices. SharePlay is a screen-sharing feature inside the FaceTime app. Kahoot's app does not support SharePlay on Android, Mac, PC, or AppleTV devices.
What’s needed to host and join over FaceTime?
Everyone will need the following:
- An iPhone or iPad running iOS/iPadOS 15.1 or newer
- The latest version of our iOS/iPadOS Kahoot! App
How many can join over FaceTime?
FaceTime supports up to 32 people. If your plan supports more than 32 players, FaceTime will limit you to 32 players. If your plan supports less than 32 players, your subscription “assign kahoot” player limit will decide how many people that can join the game.
Presenting in FaceTime with SharePlay
- Start a Group FaceTime call with your players.
- Open the Kahoot! App.
- Find the kahoot you’d like to present and tap “Start SharePlay”.
- All participants can now tap to join from within the FaceTime call. No PIN needed.