The information you provide in your kahoot’s description is used to determine if and how it can be found by you or others.
When you create a new kahoot, this is the first thing you need to do after choosing a kahoot type and before adding questions.
If you have an existing kahoot with a description you want to edit, start by editing the kahoot, then select the pencil button next to its description.
Below is an overview of the editable fields in the description editor.
Buttons and settings
- Close: exits the description editor without keeping changes you made
- Ok, go: exits the description editor with your changes
- Title (required): this will be seen anywhere your kahoot is listed and is the most important field. For kahoots set to be viewed by all, words in this field will give a major boost to its rank in search listings.
- Description (required): this will be seen on your kahoot’s details page and is the second most important field. For kahoots set to be viewed by all, words in this field will also give a major boost to its rank in search listings. Use “#” in to boost ranking when specific words are searched (ex: “#selfie” boosts rank in searches for “selfie”).
- Cover Image and Intro video: simply having a cover image and/or intro video will boost your kahoot’s ranking, as well as making the kahoot more engaging.
- Visibility, Language, and Audience (required): on our Discover page, search listings can be filtered by these values. Read about visibility here.
- Credit resources: This is a 1,000 character-limit text field where you can add URLs or references to sources to credit resources used in your questions. This has no impact on your kahoot’s rank.