The Zoom App on Windows has the host option disabled due to technical issues. We aim to resolve this as soon as possible. For now, you can still host a live game in a separate browser and use Zoom's screen share tool. Be sure to enable Zoom's "share audio" option for best results!
How to host a kahoot session within a Zoom meeting
- Log in to your Zoom account and click Apps in the lower toolbar.
- Search for Kahoot! in the Zoom app marketplace and click Add. The app is now available in your selection of apps.
- Open the Kahoot! app and click Host during your virtual meeting. You’ll be asked to log into your Kahoot! account. NB: Hosts require a Kahoot! account.
- Find a kahoot to host, either one you’ve created or one from our public collection.
- When you start the kahoot, you're ready to share your screen with the participants by pressing the 'green' share button in the menu.
How to participate in kahoot sessions within a Zoom meeting
- Hosts can invite participants to use the Kahoot! app by clicking the blue arrow icon. This shares the link to the Zoom app marketplace with all participants in the virtual meeting.
- Add the Kahoot! app to your selection of apps and click Join in the right-hand side panel.
- After the host shares their screen, you can type the game PIN and hit Enter to join the kahoot session. You don’t need a Kahoot! account to join a kahoot session!
- The questions appear on the shared screen, and you submit answers in the Kahoot! controller within the Zoom meeting. There’s no need for a second screen or another device!
- Login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace
- Click Manage > Installed Apps or search for the Kahoot! app
- Click the Kahoot! App
- Click Uninstall