Discover the Submarine squad Kahoot! game mode and set off on an adventure under the sea with your students, friends, and family! Use knowledge and collaboration to escape the fish and protect your submarine. In the Submarine squad Kahoot! game mode, everyone plays together towards a common goal of fun and learning. Play now!
- Before you play Submarine squad Kahoot! game mode
- How to host and play Submarine squad Kahoot! game mode
Availability of the Submarine squad Kahoot! game mode depends on the account type and the plan level.
Currently, games played in the Submarine squad mode do not generate reports.
Before you play Submarine squad Kahoot! game mode
In the Submarine squad Kahoot! game mode, players have to be able to talk to each other and hear the rest of the squad members.
- This game mode supports quiz, true/false, type answer, puzzle, and slider types of questions. If your game includes other question types, they won’t be displayed during the Submarine squad Kahoot! game mode. After selecting this game mode, you will be informed of how many questions are supported.
- The Submarine squad Kahoot! game mode works best with up to 30 players.
- The time limit, image reveal, and double points set for questions by the game creator are not applied.
- It's not possible to change the theme, music, or add a lobby video. The video, theme, and music selected by the game creator are not applied.
- Our platform will recommend the time limit based on the number of questions in the kahoot. The recommended time does not take into account the content and the knowledge level of the participants but is a guide to help you choose the optimal game length to keep your students engaged.
- The questions will be repeated if a player goes through all of them within the set time.
- New players cannot join during the Diving mode (see below).
How to host and play Submarine squad Kahoot! game mode
- Start a live game.
- Select the Submarine squad game mode.
- Choose the duration.
- Click Start and let players join the game.
- Once everyone’s in, click Start again in the top right corner. The host’s screen will display a short tutorial. Encourage the players to pay attention to it.
- After the tutorial, the game will start and the host’s screen will display a submarine, a fish, and a progress bar while players answer questions on their devices.
- After the required number of correct answers, the player has to tap and hold a button that will speed up the submarine on the host’s screen.
- If the progress bar at the top of the host’s screen is full before the time is up, the players enter the Diving mode.
- One or more randomly selected players become the instructors. Their names are displayed at the top of the host’s screen.
- Each instructor sees one symbol on their screen and needs to communicate it to the rest of the squad.
- If there are multiple Instructors, they see and describe different symbols.
- The rest of the team sees sets of symbols on their devices and is supposed to select the symbol described by the instructors as quickly as possible.
- What set of symbols is displayed on the player’s screen depends on the instructor they were randomly assigned to. Each player has to figure out which instructor is describing their symbols.
- The instructor can move on to the next symbol when most of the players who have their symbol select the correct icon on their devices.
- If the symbols are not progressing, it’s good to repeat the description until more players select the correct option.
- The more correct answers, the deeper the submarine will go.
9. If the players are successful and manage to escape the fish the game will proceed to the next level. If the fish was able to catch the submarine, the current level will restart. The players can retake a failed level until the time’s up.