What is Kahoot! Certified?
Kahoot! Certified makes it easier to get started with Kahoot! and helps you become the ultimate Kahoot! superhero. This free program supports educators, tech specialists, admins and other Kahoot!’ers in maximizing their impact on learning with Kahoot!
We’ll explore everything from how you navigate the Kahoot! platform, create your first game from scratch, add multimedia to your games, host like a pro, understand reports, and many more topics.
The essentials consists of three courses:
- Bronze (beginner)
- Silver (Intermediate)
- Gold (Advanced)
The courses consist of self-paced videos and downloadable accompanying PDF guides to study at your own pace
Participants who finish the course and pass the assignment will be able to claim a Kahoot! Certified diploma and a digital badge, and will then be able to move onto the next course.
What is Kahoot advanced certification?
In addition to the essential courses you can further your learning with Kahoot! and score unique badges by participating in our Advanced Certification program. These courses consist of one topic presented by a teacher or members from Kahoot! and each course consists of a video, a study guide and an assignment (which needs to be passed).
As of September, 2019 the advanced certification consists of four courses:
- Rocketeer - Ambassador and educator Jack Quinn explains how you can apply data-driven instruction with Kahoot! in your classroom to improve student performance.
- Master - Ambassador and educator Amber McCormick invites us to her class and instructs on how to master kahoots with the Play Again feature (formerly known as Ghost mode). Play again is a fun way for students to learn through repetition and competition with others.
- Globetrotter - Ambassador and educator Steve Auslander explains how you can easily break down classroom barriers and connect with other teachers and students across the world, by learning and playing Kahoot! together. We call these connected kahoots.
- Ace - We explore the principles of spacing and testing learning techniques, and how to apply these with your students via our Smart Practice feature, which is all about improving knowledge retention and acing content.
Who can take the course?
Anyone with a Kahoot! teacher account: there are no restrictions to who can participate! The courses will most benefit those who are teaching, presenting or training on Kahoot! in some way, but all Kahoot!’ers are welcome to take part.
Sign up for a Kahoot! account.
How do I take the course?
The program currently consists of three self-paced course tiers: Bronze (beginner), Silver (intermediate) and Gold (advanced).
In addition to reading the downloadable PDF study guides, each course contains multiple short video lessons that are about 5 minutes long. These videos can be watched as many times as you need to! This will help you learn on the go, in short bursts, or whenever is convenient for you.
Each class has an assignment at the end that needs to be completed and passed for you to claim your diploma and badge. The pass rate is 80%, or 8 out of 10 questions answered correctly.
How do I take the assignment and get certified?
On each course page there is a link to an assignment, with a Kahoot! challenge game PIN. To complete an assignment’s challenge, you’ll need to have the Kahoot! app installed on a smartphone or tablet (available on iOS or Android devices), and be signed into your Kahoot! Account.
We need you signed into your account so we can identify you, and once successful, email your diploma and badge.
How do I get to the next course?
When you have passed an assignment, we’ll email you the diploma, badge, and a link for the next course. We’ll send this to the email registered to your Kahoot! account.
Participating in any of the advanced certification does not require you to finish them in any specific order. Meaning, you can access all courses whenever you would like to participate in them.
What happens if I don’t pass the assignment?
Never fear - you can retake the assignment. We’ll email you with information on when a new challenge PIN will be available. We’ll update the courses with a new challenge pin every Monday.
I haven’t received my diploma, what do I do?
There are two things that might have gone wrong in these cases.
- Make sure you’re signed in to your Kahoot! account in the app before taking the assignment. You need to be signed in for us to identify you and email the diploma and badge.
- Ensure the email registered to your Kahoot! account is correct, as that’s where we’ll be emailing you.
If you forgot to sign in the app, you can retake the Kahoot challenge (assignment), a new pin code will be updated to the course pages every Monday. You can also delete and reinstall the app to do the assignment again.
Can I claim PD credits?
Yes: we have designed the program so you could be eligible to claim professional development credits. On each course page we have specified how many hours are needed to finish each course tier. Moreover, our PDF study guides and the diploma (for passed courses) can be used as documentation to show completion of the Kahoot! Certified program.