Kahoot! has teamed up with Zoom to make video meetings awesome! With our Kahoot! app, you can host and join kahoot sessions directly within Zoom.
- How to host a kahoot within a Zoom meeting
- How to participate in kahoots within a Zoom meeting
- How to uninstall Kahoot! Zoom app
- Kahoot! 360 Essential for Zoom
- Useful links
How to host a kahoot within a Zoom meeting
- Log in to your Zoom account and click Apps.
- Search for Kahoot! in the Zoom app marketplace and click Add. The app is now available in your My Apps section.
- During your virtual meeting open the Kahoot! app in the Apps section and click Host. You’ll be asked to log into your Kahoot! account.
Hosts require Kahoot! accounts, participants can play without accounts.
- Find a kahoot to host. In the Library tab, you can find the kahoots you’ve created. In the Discover tab, you can choose a kahoot from our public collection.
- Click on the kahoot to start hosting. Share your screen with the participants by clicking the Share app screen button at the top of the app.
How to participate in kahoots within a Zoom meeting
- Hosts can invite participants to use the Kahoot! app by clicking the arrow icon at the top of the app. This shares the link to the Zoom app marketplace with all participants in the virtual meeting.
- Add the Kahoot! app to your selection of apps and click Join in the right-hand side panel.
You can join kahoots hosted via Kahoot! Zoom app outside of the Zoom app. Read more about joining kahoots here.
- After the host shares their screen, you can type the game PIN and hit Enter to join the kahoot session. You don’t need a Kahoot! account to join a kahoot session.
- The questions appear on the shared screen, and you submit answers in the Kahoot! controller within the Zoom meeting. There’s no need for a second screen or another device.
How to uninstall Kahoot! Zoom app
- Login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click Manage > Installed Apps or search for the Kahoot! app.
- Click the Kahoot! App.
- Click Uninstall.
Kahoot! 360 Essential Premium App for Zoom
Kahoot! 360 Essential is a part of Zoom curated Essential apps. Users with eligible Zoom subscriptions can find Kahoot! app icon and other Essential Apps on a Dock within the Zoom Meeting. This keeps helpful apps like Kahoot! handy during team meetings, workshops, training sessions, presentations, events, and beyond.
If you don’t have any Kahoot! subscription yet, to create your own kahoots and access premium features you can redeem a free trial of Kahoot! 360 Essential:
- Log in to your Zoom account with the eligible subscription.
- Select the Kahoot! icon on the Zoom Essential Apps Dock
- Click Redeem at the top of the sidebar.
- On the Kahoot! website, click Redeem now to sign up, or log in and upgrade your current account.
If you wish to upgrade your subscription after or during the trial, you can do it via Kahoot! pricing page.
The trial is not available if you’ve previously used any Kahoot! trial.
Read more about Kahoot! 360 Essential for Zoom on our blog.
- Getting started with Zoom Apps
- Admin deployment of Zoom Apps
- Frequently Asked Questions about Zoom Apps