Are you using PowerPoint in your lessons? With our new integration, you can now start a live kahoot directly from your presentation without the need to switch between tools! Here’s how it works.
Host live kahoots in PowerPoint
This feature is available for teachers and higher ed educators with a Kahoot! Premium, Premium+ or EDU service plan, business professionals with a 360 Standard, Presenter, Pro or Enterprise service plan, and for personal use with a Premier service plan.
Here’s how to add and host a kahoot in your PowerPoint presentation:
1. Install the Kahoot! add-in
For the most current instructions on installing add-ins to PowerPoint for Windows, you can refer to this Microsoft support article.
For the most current instructions on installing add-ins to PowerPoint for Macs, you can refer to this Microsoft support article.
- In the Add New PowerPoint Add-In dialog box, search kahoot to find the Kahoot! add-in, and then click OK.
2. Add the Kahoot! add-in to a slide
- Add a new slide. New slides from a template can sometimes cause issues with the size of an embedded kahoot. If this happens, we recommend adding a blank slide instead.
- Under My Add-ins on the Insert tab, choose the Kahoot! add-in
- On the new slide, log into your account. Afterward, you'll be able to link to a kahoot.
- Now, you'll need to find a kahoot to link to and paste its shareable link into this slide.
3. Link to a kahoot
- Log into your account in a browser as create.kahoot.it.
- Find the kahoot you want to link to. It can be one of your own, in your team space, or found through the Discover page.
- Locate and use the share button for the kahoot.
- Depending on the kahoot's visibility setting, you can copy the shareable link or use the PowerPoint button to copy the same link.
- Paste this link into your slide and click "Add kahoot".
- Your slide is ready to go! Finish building the rest of your presentation.
4. Present and host
During your presentation, go through slides as usual. When this slide appears, you'll be hosting your kahoot from with PowerPoint's presenter view.
After your lesson, you’ll be able to dive into a report with the class results in the Reports section of Kahoot!.
Import PowerPoint slides into a kahoot
This feature is available for teachers and higher ed educators with a Kahoot! Pro, Premium, Premium+ or EDU service plan, business professionals with a 360 Presenter, 360 Pro, 360 Enterprise, Event Silver or Event Gold service plan, publishers with a P1 or P2 service plan, and for personal use with a Premier service plan.
Did you know that it’s also possible to import your existing PowerPoint slides into a kahoot you’re working on? This will let you reuse learning content you have previously created, save time on preparing your lesson, and boost student participation. Just follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Kahoot! teacher account and click Create to start creating your new kahoot.
- In the left-side panel, click Import slides.
- Click Upload file and choose an existing presentation from your computer, or drag the file into the dialog.
- Once uploaded, you can move your slides around or delete some of them, but you won’t be able to edit the content in them directly. Add interactive questions to recap on the key points, assess learning, and make sure students understand the new learning material.
Try our new integration in action – we hope you enjoy teaching with your two favorite tools combined in one interactive experience!