Our platform will try to identify your preferred default language and, if the language is supported, will automatically switch to that language. If the language needs to be changed, you can do so manually through your Settings.
As a player
If you're participating in a live game, use the language selector in the top-right of the screen.
As a presenter
If you're presenting to a group, use the language selector in the settings panel.
When the host changes the language of the interface it doesn't affect players' interfaces.
Android and iOS mobile apps
In our Android and iOS mobile apps, you can enjoy the full in-app game experience in English, Spanish, French, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Turkish, Polish, Norwegian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Arabic, Ukrainian, Korean, Swedish, and Danish.
If you already have a Kahoot! account, and want to switch your chosen language, just follow these easy steps:
- Update the app to the latest version, or download it on your iOS or Android device if you haven’t installed it before*.
- The app will detect your device language and switch to that automatically.
- If your device language is different, tap the profile icon within the app.
- From your profile page, tap the cog icon to open settings.
- Select your language from the Language dropdown.
* If you are a teacher, you might need to reach out to your school’s technology administrator and ask to update the app version on students’ devices.
Using right-to-left (RTL) languages
On the web platform, we offer a right-to-left language interface in Arabic on players’ and hosts’ screens. You can change the language to Arabic and the interface will switch to the RTL view.
Right-to-left interface in Arabic is fully supported in our mobile apps. It means that you can create, host, and play games in RTL mode. Just change the language to Arabic as described above and enjoy a fully localized experience.
NOTE: The kahoot language will always be displayed as it was created, either LTR or RTL. You can only alter the way the interface is displayed, not the content of the game.
Though we don't support every language, questions and answers can easily be written in many languages! In fact, when creating a kahoot, you can set the language your kahoot is in. You can also search for public kahoots and filter them based on language.
It is currently not possible to change the interface of the kahoot creator to RTL on the web platform. Here are tips we've learned from users to help make RTL languages look good:
- Consider typing punctuation marks (., !, ?) before you type your sentence
- If numerical or Latin symbols are in the middle of your sentence, consider rephrasing so that they appear at the end instead
- Consider creating an image with your question in it and uploading that to your question
- Avoid keyboard shortcuts (like Ctrl + Shift) to change text direction, or you might see ‘<div style=”direction: rtl;”>’ added to your questions and answers