If you go to https://kahoot.it, or open our mobile app and tap the “Enter PIN” button, you’ll see a field that requires a “game PIN”. But what is it and why is it necessary?
Where can I find a game PIN?
Game PINs are unique to each kahoot session. They are generated once a kahoot has been launched, and used at kahoot.it so that learners can join a leader’s kahoot.
In order to find a game PIN you need to be at a location where someone is hosting/leading a kahoot. The screen they’ve launched the kahoot on must be in sight for you to see the game PIN. Here are more details on playing kahoots.
As a participant of a game, you can't generate a PIN. You must be given a PIN by someone that's hosting a game. If you'd like to host a game, here are some helpful guides:
- How to present a live kahoot in your web browser
- How to present a live kahoot in our mobile apps
- How to assign a kahoot in your web browser
- How to assign a kahoot in our mobile apps
I have a PIN already, how do I join a game?
No account is used to join a game. Unless the host enabled “player identifier” on the game you’re joining, there is nothing required of you that persists from game-to-game. Follow this easy guide:
- Open your device’s web browser and go to kahoot.it, or open our mobile app and tap “Enter PIN”.
- Enter a game PIN.
- If “player identifier” is enabled by the host, provide the requested identifier.
- If “friendly nickname generator” is enabled by the host, click or tap the “spin” button to choose a random nickname. If it’s disabled, type a nickname of your choice.
How do I join an assignment without a PIN?
If the assigned of the kahoot chooses, they can share a link to their assignment instead of a PIN. If you've been given such a link, simply click or tap the link. If our mobile app is installed on your device, the assignment will open in our mobile app. If not, it will open in your device’s web browser.