What is the difference between content and feature subscriptions?
Kahoot! offers two types of subscriptions that cover different needs and uses.
To get a quick understanding of the differences, you can have a look at the table below:
|Access to use more question types in the games you make yourself||✅||❌||❌|
|Increased player limits||✅||❌||❌|
|More game options depending on your subscription.
(themes, player identifier, slides)
|Access to a collection of high-quality kahoots made by us and our trusted partners||✅*||✅||❌|
|Access to specific courses and games created by verified educators and our trusted partners||❌||❌||✅|
|Access to learning resources such as pdf's related to the course made by verified educators and our trusted partners||❌||❌||✅|
* Both Kahoot!+ Max (variations) and Kahoot! EDU Pro (variations) include the Kahoot!+ AccessPass subscription for the duration of the billing cycle.
You can quickly check if a content subscription is included if the feature table has the "Play ready-to-use kahoots" option listed as included on the main pricing page of the feature subscription.
What do I get with a Content Subscription?
- Content subscriptions give you access to content. It enables you to use pre-made kahoots, courses, collections, and other resources. A majority of the games available on the platform are free to use, but some of the content requires a specific subscription.
- Depending on the type of content subscription you have, you will get access to a collection of content (Kahoot!+ AccessPass) or a specific course (Kahoot! Marketplace) for a pre-determined period of time (usually 1 year).
- Content subscriptions do not give you access to higher-tier features or an extended player limit. Content subscriptions do not influence the functionality of your account when you are creating your own content.
There will always be free content available for you, even if you don't have an active content subscription. A vast majority of the games available on our platform are free.
What do I get with a Feature subscription?
- Feature subscriptions give you access to specific features depending on your subscription, and provide you with increased functionality on your account. Feature subscriptions help you build your own content.
- The following are typically only available with a feature subscription:
Increased player limit, multi-select answers, up to 6 answers, slides, type answer, and etc.
- Feature subscriptions in general do not give you access to the premium content that requires a content (AccessPass or Marketplace) subscription.
Premium content vs. premium features
While the features included in our higher-tier feature plans may be referred to as premium, they are different from the premium content that can only be accessed via our content subscriptions.