- Importing questions is for the Quiz game type only.
- Please be sure to use our downloadable template (described below). Using your own spreadsheet will likely not upload properly.
On your kahoot’s Overview page, there is a Game creator section with all existing questions listed and options to add more questions under them. At the very bottom, click the Import from spreadsheet link to open a prompt that lets you upload a .xlsx file (MS Excel 2007 or newer) to import questions. You can also download our template.
Download our template and open it in a compatible spreadsheet program (MS Excel, Libre Office, Google Spreadsheets, or Numbers).
Type your questions and answers in the designated columns.
- Questions have a limit of 95 characters
- Answers have a limit of 60 characters
- Each question must have at least two answers
- Allowable time limit (sec) values are: 5, 10, 20, 30, 60, or 120
- Set which answers are correct by listing answer numbers separated by commas (e.g. “1” or “2,3”).
When ready, save the template to your computer or device. You can then upload it by dragging it into the Import from spreadsheet prompt, or by using the Select File button to locate the spreadsheet. Now use the Upload button.
Our system will check for errors. If any are found, you can go back to fix them or continue without the problematic questions.
Once imported, your questions will appear in the Game creator section.