Kahoot! Duck Duck Fractions allows your students to engage and experiment with fractions using innovative methods. In this article, you'll learn how to play Kahoot! Duck Duck Fractions. Join in on the fun today!
The host's screen will display a chest and a score below it.
- By completing the levels, students will earn coins and gems which they can send to the treasure chest every 3 levels.
- Each coin or gem has a specific value that depends on the number of players and its type.
- The more levels a student completes, the better the chances they will have to earn more valuable gems.
- At 3 mins, 7 mins, and 10 mins (just before the end), the game will be paused for the students to see their chest grow as the scores go up.
- The chest has 10 appearances in total (one per score level). It is okay for students to not reach all 10 levels at the end of the playlist. They can use this opportunity to play it again and improve on their weaker areas.
Ending the game
- You can end the game before the selected duration by clicking on the End button situated at the bottom of the settings menu. You can access the settings via the icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- After clicking on the End button or at the 10-minute mark, all students will have the chance to send their gems to the chest to see it grow. The chest will grow one last time after the students send their gems to it at the end of the game.
- Once the last chest is opened, the score will be shown to the students.
- You can replay the same playlist or come back to the START PAGE to choose another playlist.
Students have to help Duck Duck to reach his rocket. Here's what they need to do:
- Drag the card from the available columns to a slot under the empty slots column.
- Click the Play button.
- Watch DuckDuck move along the line or circle
- Select a character or fraction card at the bottom of the screen.
💡 The goal is met when the student placed all the Fraction Cards in the right order in Fraction Slots and DuckDuck’s Rocket launches.
|Name & Description
|DuckDuck: The player's avatar.
Rocket: The goal of DuckDuck is to land there on his last movement.
|Batteries: The Rocket’s fuel, DuckDuck needs to land on all the batteries before going to the rocket in order to win.
|Teleporter: A portal from one to its counterpart. Landing on one instantly teleports DuckDuck to the other one.
|Fractions Cards: The possible moves for DuckDuck, he will jump from his position to the distance equivalent to the fraction.
|Fractions Slots: The different slots where the player can slide Fraction Cards. When clicking the Play button DuckDuck will jump one fraction after the other in order, from top to bottom.
|The Play button: If there is at least one Fraction Card in the Fraction Slots clicking on the Play button starts DuckDuck's movement. When moving DuckDuck the player can’t manipulate the Fraction Cards anymore.
- Each playlist teaches and lets the student manipulate an aspect of fractions.
- Within each playlist, the levels presented to the student are adapted to their capabilities. Students never play a difficult level if they haven’t mastered the previous ones.
- At the end of the play session, the class is given a global score which is a good indicator of the overall class performance.