Create a Kahoot! story to present and deliver your content in an attractive and easily understandable manner. A diverse range of blocks and features allows you to keep your audience engaged and focused on the information you’re providing. Create a story and revolutionize your content delivery today!
The availability of the below-described features depends on your plan.
- Log in to your Kahoot! account.
- Click Create in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the Story option.
- Choose the type of block you want to add. You will be able to change the order at any point.
- Click the plus icon on the left side of the creator to add more blocks.
- Kahoot! story: Text
- Kahoot! story: Image
- Kahoot! story: Video
- Kahoot! story: Audio
- Kahoot! story: Upload and convert PDF file
- Kahoot! story: Theme
- Kahoot! story: Settings
Kahoot! story: Text
This block allows you to add context, history, introduce complex ideas and explanations. Just start typing to see all the editing options.
💡 Click on the + icon to insert a quote or emoji.
💡 Click on the magical wand icon to enhance your content with AI. You can choose the tone of voice, content length, and language.
☝️ Please note that the enhanced text may include incorrect information. Make sure to review the content after using the AI enhancer.
Kahoot! story: Image
Click Add image to select one of the images from our library or upload an image from your device.
💡 After adding the image, you can click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner to add alternative text, credit source, crop or delete the image.
💡 Click Upload image at the bottom of the window after selecting the Add image option to upload a file from your device.
Kahoot! story: Video
YouTube and Vimeo
- Insert the search phrase in the search bar. You can also paste the direct link to the public video on YouTube or Vimeo.
💡 Switch between YouTube and Vimeo via the left-side panel.
- Select the video from the list.
- Click the Upload video button in the bottom left corner of the Video block.
- Select and upload the file from your device.
- The uploaded videos will be available in the Your videos section on the left-side panel.
Adjust video playtime
After adding the video, you can set up the start and end times. You can find this option by clicking on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the block.
Kahoot! story: Audio
- Type in the text that you want to be read aloud in your story.
☝️ The character limit per one Audio block is 120.
- Our system will detect the language of the audio but you can manually change it by clicking on the detected language and selecting the right one from the drop-down list.
- Click the play button to listen to a preview.
- Go to the Record section via the left-side panel.
- Click the Start recording button.
- Record the audio you wish to include in the story.
- Click the play button to listen to the recording.
- If it's ready, click the Add button.
If you want to try again, click the trashbin icon.
- Click the Upload audio button in the bottom left corner of the block.
- Select and upload the audio file from your device.
- Click play to listen to the audio.
- Click the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the block to remove the audio.
Kahoot! story: Upload and convert PDF file
- Click on the plus icon on the left side of the story creator and select the Upload and convert PDF file option.
- Click Upload file.
- Select and upload the PDF file from your device.
☝️ Maximum file size is 10 MB.
- Your PDF file will be automatically converted into story blocks. Click on the block to edit it. You can use the toolbar on the right side of the block.
Kahoot! story: Theme
- Click the color palette icon in the top right corner of the story creator.
- Select one of the available themes (the number of available options depends on your subscription plan).
Kahoot! story: Settings
Click on the gearwheel icon in the top right corner of the story creator to open settings. Here you can set up the title, cover image, and visibility of your story.
Once you’ve finished adding and editing blocks, click the Save button in the top right corner to finalize and save your Kahoot! story.
💡 You can find your stories in the dedicated Stories section of your Library.