How to save a kahoot: learn how to save your game and start the Kahoot!'ing adventure. Check out our guide. There are a couple of things that are important to remember after you finish creating or editing your game.
How to save a kahoot
Wondering how to save a kahoot? Click the Save button in the top right corner of the kahoot creator. Follow the instructions provided on the popup messages you receive. Make sure to:
- Add or mark the correct answers in the questions from the Test knowledge category.
- Add the title.
- Be mindful of using the features marked with a star . Those features are not included in your current plan. If you use them, you will have to upgrade to save your kahoot as a complete version. If you do not want to upgrade at this point, don't use the features marked with a star.
As you edit your kahoot, the creator will auto-save your changes. If for any reason, you exit the creator (e.g.: the browser closes or the computer crashes), changes should automatically save as a draft. Saving is indicated next to your kahoot’s title, in the top navigation bar.
How to save a kahoot: Drafts
Are you wondering why you can't share, assign or host your game? It may be because it's saved as a draft.
What does it mean that my kahoot was saved as a draft?
💡 If you close the kahoot creator without saving or choose the Keep as draft or Save to drafts option, your game will be saved as a draft.
💡 You'll see the option to save or keep your kahoot as a draft if:
📎 your game is missing some necessary elements (for example you did not add the title or the correct answer is not marked in a question from the Test knowledge category),
📎 you used a feature marked with a star - not included in your current plan.
💡 If your game is saved as a draft, it cannot be played, assigned, or shared.
How to save a kahoot as a complete version
💡 You need to save your game as a complete version to be able to share, assign and host it.
- Go to your Library.
- Go to the Drafts tab.
- Click the Edit button under the game's title.
- Click the Save button in the top right corner of the kahoot creator.
- You'll see a popup message either:
➡️ informing you about the missing elements of your kahoot that can be added by clicking the Fix button or
➡️ offering an upgrade to a higher-tier plan that includes the premium features used in your game. Any feature in the kahoot creator marked with a star isn’t included in your current plan.
In this case, you can either remove the premium features or upgrade to save your kahoot as a complete version.
- Click the Save button in the top right corner. If no additional popup message shows, your game will be saved as a complete version.
🎨 Check the Themes section of the kahoot creator. If you have any issues with saving the game, we can recommend removing the currently selected theme and checking if the game can be saved then.
Done! You've just learned how to save a kahoot.
💡 Next steps 💡
💡 Read more 💡