Kahoot!’s mobile apps offer easy access to fun learning games and your account anywhere.
Is a Kahoot! account required?
You can use our iOS and Android apps without an account. But an account gives you access to some great additional features.
With no account, you can:
- Browse and search through all public kahoot
- Join a live kahoot
- Review and prepare for tests with study modes such as flashcards, practice and test yourself
- Participate and play self-paced assignments created by others
- Host live games (quizzes only) and screen mirror via Apple AirPlay or Google Chromecast
- Access reports on live games and assignments hosted through your device
While signed in to your account, you can also:
- Create self-paced assignments*
- Share assignments via text, email, Twitter, Facebook, Remind, and Google Classroom*
- Create, share, and play your own Kahoot! Games*
- Access your favorites and private kahoots shared with your account*
- Access reports on live games (quizzes only) and assignments hosted through your account
We have an app available on Apple and Android mobile devices that lets you join hosted games, as well as play Kahoot! on your own or through assignments with friends.
- App Store for Apple iOS 12 and newer
- Google Play for Android OS 5.0 and newer
- Amazon Appstore for Fire OS 5.0 and newer
- HUAWEI AppGallery for Android OS 5.0 and newer
We do not support customized distributions or root/jailbreak versions.
Chromebooks that support Android apps can use our Google Play app.
For non-supported devices
If our apps are not compatible with your device, you might be able to create a custom shortcut on your home screen. Here are URLs you can save as shortcuts or bookmarks:
- To join a kahoot: https://kahoot.it/
- To create, search and host: https://create.kahoot.it/