When you created your account, you decided whether or not Kahoot! can send you notices about recommendations or special offers. You also provided an email address, a password, and perhaps some topics that interest you. These details and more can be updated anytime.
The account menu
After signing in, you should see a gear icon in the top-right of your screen. Select it to view your account menu. If you’re on a mobile/tablet browser, select the three horizontal lines in the top-left of your screen instead of a gear.
This is where you can add or update your name, email address, organization, preferred language, or profile picture. Child accounts cannot edit their profile.
- Name: This is not displayed publicly. Only you and our Support Team can see this.
- Email: This is used if you forget your password.
- Organization: This is your team, department, company, or group name. Only you and our Support Team can see this. If you are part of a paid organization, this is not tied to that.
- Role: This is the way you advised at sign up you plan to use Kahoot!. This cannot be changed, though you can check what was chosen.
- Preferred language: This lets us know what language you’d prefer. Currently, our platform is in English only.
- Profile picture: Add or update your Gravatar profile picture. Currently, these don’t display in our platform.
Here you can adjust what we email you about, as well as what we might suggest to you within our platform. Child accounts cannot edit these settings, as we do not market to them in-platform or by email.
- Email Notification Settings: By default, we’ll notify you when we feature a kahoot you made in one of our collections, or if someone favorites one of your kahoots. You can also be notified when someone shares a kahoot with you or your kahoot with others.
- Preferences: In our platform, we sometimes employ automated banners and suggestions to help you find things that would interest you. If you allow us to do so, you can tell us what your interests are. If you’re a teacher, you can also tell us what levels you teach.
- Privacy: Let us know if we can email you recommendations, exclusive invites, or special offers related to Kahoot! or 3rd party companies.
If you know your current password and want to change it, you can do so by signing in and navigating to this page from the account menu.
If you don’t know your current password, use our reset password tool.
To delete your account, you can find this option in your account menu. Please note that any public kahoots you’ve made will not be deleted unless you delete them first.
If you’re admin of a premium organization, you’ll need to access your Billing page first to Delete organization.