Update your Kahoot! account settings. In the Profile settings section, you can change the username, name, email, password, name of the organization, notification preferences, and more. Check and adjust your profile settings now!
- Log in to your account.
- Click the avatar icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Profile settings from the dropdown list.
- Update Kahoot! account: Edit profile
- Updated Kahoot! account: Privacy
- Update Kahoot! account: Change password
Update Kahoot! account: Edit profile
In this section of your profile settings, you can update:
Update Kahoot! account: Avatar
- Click Add picture in the User information section.
- Upload an image from your computer.
Note: PNG, JPEG, or GIF files (RGB mode) only, no larger than 10MB or 3264x3264.
- Zoom and drag your image to crop as desired.
- Click Save.
Update Kahoot! account: Username
☝️ Usernames can be changed once every twelve months.
☝️ Usernames can't be longer than 20 characters and shorter than 6 characters.
☝️ Usernames have to be unique. There cannot be more than one user with the same username.
- Click the pencil button next to your username.
- Type a new username, or click the blue wand button for a suggestion.
- Click Change username.
Update Kahoot! account: Name and email
Type in the desired name or email and click Save.
☝️ Emails have to be unique. There cannot be more than one user with the same email.
Update Kahoot! account: Organization and language
Type in your desired organization name or choose your desired language from the drop-down menu.
☝️ Providing the name of the organization in Profile settings does not connect you with your coworkers. To be added to your organization's team workspace, you need to be invited by the owner or admin: How to join a workspace.
Update Kahoot! account: Account type and type of workplace
☝️ Your account and workplace type determine the features available on your account.
☝️ Be careful when you alter them. Certain account and workplace types cannot be changed back.
💡 Read more about changing your account type here: How to change account type
Update Kahoot! account: Privacy
To change your privacy settings switch to the Privacy tab in your Profile settings.
Here, you can select the email notifications and marketing information you want to receive.
Update Kahoot! account: Change password
- Go to your Profile settings.
- Go to the Change password tab.
- Insert your old password.
- Insert your new and repeat it.
- Click Save.
☝️Passwords need to be at least 6 characters.
☝️ If you haven't set up a password when creating your account because you used one of the SSO providers (Google, Microsoft, Apple, or Clever), after clicking Save you will have to log in with SSO to confirm password change.
💡 If you cannot log in to your account and access profile settings because you forgot your password, you can update it here: Reset your password.