How to edit an existing kahoot
To edit an existing kahoot of yours, tap the kahoot to view more details, then tap the pencil icon. You can only edit kahoots you’ve created or duplicated.
- Your kahoots can be found on the My Kahoots tab
- If you are an owner, admin, or member of a team space (subscription required), you can also edit kahoots that other team members have saved to the common team space
Cancel and Save
At the top of the creator are two important buttons: Cancel and Save.
- Cancel will discard edits you’ve just made. They cannot be recovered later on.
- Save will save your edits.
Your kahoot can only be saved as a draft if required information is missing. Drafts are only saved to your device and cannot be played. You can tap the kahoot checklist at the top of your screen to see what’s needed. Here are the general requirements:
- Add a title
- Add a description
- All questions are complete
- You’re logged in to your Kahoot! account
Title: A meaningful title that accurately describes what your kahoot is about will help other users find it in search results and understand if it’s relevant. A title can be up to 95 characters.
Description: Our Discover page’s search algorithm weighs keywords found in kahoot descriptions higher than keywords found in questions. You can also add a # in front of words to highlight them as closely related to your kahoot (for example, “A #trivia quiz about #popular #music”). It is therefore important to add a relevant and descriptive summary of your kahoot so that it can easily be found by other users. Descriptions can be up to 280 characters.
Cover image: Adding a cover image is a great opportunity to give more context to your kahoot. Kahoots with cover images are also boosted slightly by our search algorithm, making them more likely to be found by others than kahoots without a cover image. You can take a photo with your device’s camera, upload an image, or from our image library. Images need to be:
- PNG, JPEG, or GIF format, in RGB color mode
- No larger than 5MB or 3264x3264 pixels
Visible to: As long as the kahoot is saved under My Kahoots on the Kahoots page, you can make the kahoot visible to everyone or to only you. Kahoots saved in your team space only have the “team only” visibility option.
- Public: your kahoot will appear in search results on the Discover page. Services like Facebook, Twitter, and Slack will preview your kahoot’s title, description, and cover image when you post a share link.
- Private: your kahoot will not appear in search results on the Discover page.
- Team only: your kahoot will only appear in your team space, and only team members have access to it (web subscription required).
- Unlisted - your kahoot will not be searchable on the Kahoot! platform, and only visible and playable for people with the link (subscription required)
Intro video: Paste a YouTube video URL (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig4_PhHmE2Y) into this field and the video will play full screen in the background while players join your game. This can be just a bit of music, some comedic relief, or an instructional video that provides answers to questions they’ll see.
Tap on a question to edit it. You can hold and drag questions up and down to reorder them. At the bottom is an “Add question” button. You can add up to 100 questions per kahoot.
Question bank: You can search keywords or phrases in the search field. After results are shown, you can toggle between “All questions” (all public kahoots) and “My questions” (only kahoots shown on your Kahoots page). Tap the plus button next to each question you want to add, then tap “Done” to add them. You can add multiple questions at once by tapping the “+” button to the right of each question. Question bank questions can be edited just like a question created from scratch.
The question bank is not available for students. We want to encourage students to do individual research and use their own creativity when working on their kahoots as a part of classroom or homework assignments.