- They cannot sign in with email (must use username or Apple, Google or Microsoft single sign-on).
- On the Discover page, they can only browse/search through our K! Studio and partner content.
- They cannot share kahoots.
- They cannot make kahoots public (visible to everyone).
- Other users cannot share kahoots with them.
- They can only start challenges with featured kahoots.
Once a U.S. student turns 13 or non-U.S. student turns 16, they'll be prompted upon login to verify their date of birth. Once they do, age-based limitations will be lifted from their account.
How does Kahoot! know a students' age and region?
During account creation, students provide their date of birth. Also, our system automatically determines if they're in the U.S. or elsewhere based on where they are when the account is created.
Can these be changed?
Date of birth and region cannot be changed. Per our Terms and Conditions, users are responsible for providing accurate information. If either of these were inaccurate during account creation, the only way to fix this is to delete the account and start again.
I didn't sign up as a student but accidentally changed my account type to "student". Can this be fixed?
You can contact our support team who can verify why this happened and revert the change. But please note that we cannot change an account's account type unless the account was originally able to change its account type.