Wish you could organize your content by topic, department, or other criteria? You can! You can organize your personal and company kahoots into folders.
Overview of folders
- In the Library views of shared workspaces you will see two categories of folders: My folders and Team folders.
- In the Library view of your private workspace (first icon from the top on the left-side panel) you will see only My folders category.
If you have more than one workspace, you have separate My folders and Team folders views in each of your workspaces. It means that if you create a folder in a workspace X, you won't be able to find it in a workspace Y. It's important to be mindful of the current workspace. You can easily switch workspaces using the left-side panel. Read more about it here.
- Folders can be created in your My Kahoots space, not in your Favorites or Shared with me spaces.
- My folders are accessible to only you, to organize your own kahoots.
- You can create, rename, move, duplicate, or delete your folders.
- You can move your own kahoots between folders, or into team folders.
- If you cancel, folders will be deleted and kahoots will return to your My Kahoots list.
- This feature is available when you join or create a shared workspace.
- Team folders are accessible to everyone on your team.
- Anyone can create, rename, move, duplicate, or delete team folders.
- Only the owner and the admin can move your own kahoots between team folders.
- Only you can move your own kahoots back into a personal folder. It's not possible to move kahoots from the Team folders to the My folders with certain team subscriptions.
- If the team subscription expires, only the owner of the subscription will be able to access its content.
Folders are not available for kahoots under Favorites or Shared with me, but there is a workaround for that! You can duplicate most of the kahoots. The duplicates will land in My kahoots, where you can move them into folders.
How to create folders
- Go to the workspace where the folder should be located and navigate to the Library tab. Click the plus icon next to either My folders or Team folders.
- Type in the name of the folder and click enter. Done! Your folder has been created.
- Your new folder is now created! Click it to open it, or click the three vertical dots to see more options.
How to move or duplicate folders
- Click the three vertical dots to see more options and choose Move or Duplicate. A list of folders will appear where you can choose where you’d like to move or copy your folder.
- You can use the ← above the list to back out of the folder you’re viewing.
- Pick a destination folder and click Move here. At the top of your workspace, you’ll be able to go to your folder.
How to move kahoots into folders
- Click the three vertical dots on a kahoot’s card to see more options and choose Move.
- To move multiple kahoots at once, hover over the kahoot’s card and click the faded check box in the top left corner. Then choose Move in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- A list of folders will appear. You can use the ← above the list to back out of the folder you’re viewing.
- Open a folder and click Move here.