Player identifier allows tracking player performance across multiple games. Once you or your team have hosted multiple games with player identification on, you’ll be able to combine reports into one.
When enabled, players will be required to enter a player identifier when entering the game, such as an email address, that will be associated with their nickname. This allows you, the host, to know the identity of each player, see their answers and score, and track progress in training or tournaments.
Note that you are the data controller of the personal data collected as a player identifier and responsible for its lawful collection and use. Kahoot! acts as a data processor, and will not use this information for any other purpose than to provide services to you.
Please note the following:
- The player Identifier feature is included in higher tier business plans and EDU plans for teachers.
- Identifiers only show in reports, not during gameplay.
- The max identified players allowed is based on your plan's player limit.
Set up Player identifier
The owner and admins of the subscription can manage the Player Identifier settings in the Team Settings section of the platform.
- Click the avatar of your account in the top right corner of the platform.
- Click “Team settings”
- By default, players will be identified by email address. You can change this to “other” and type the name of your own custom identifier.
- If you enable the "Magic link invitation", the players after submitting their email addresses, will receive messages in their inboxes with a direct link to your game. This allows you to verify that all players provided correct emails.
- When the magic link is enabled, you can turn on the "Add player to your organization" option. This feature is helpful with onboarding new Team Members. All the players who join your game with Player Identifier will be prompted to log in or sign up. After accessing their accounts, they will be added to your Team Space.
- If you toggle on the "Turn on player identifier for all kahoots" option, all games hosted by your team members will have player identifier enabled by default. The host can still disable this in the game settings.
Host with player identifier
Anyone on the team can toggle player identification when they host games.
- Click the play or start button on any kahoot visible to only you or your team.
- Access the settings through the button on the top left side of the screen.
- Toggle on “Player identifier” on the top of the settings panel.
Playing a live kahoot with player identifier
If the host toggled on player identifier before they started the game, players can download our Android or iOS app or go to kahoot.it to enter the game PIN. They will be prompted to enter their email or your custom identifier before they choose a nickname.
- Identified learners will not have their identifiers displayed during gameplay. Identifiers will only show in reports.
- If identified learners are using our Android or iOS app, their identifier is saved in the app so they aren’t prompted to enter it every time they join games by the host’s team.