With workspaces, you can organize your content and separate what’s shared with your team and what’s private. A workspace is where you can create, edit, and access kahoots, courses, reports, and groups. You can switch between workspaces anytime. Access to content and features differs based on which workspace you’re in.
- Each workspace has different content
- Each workspace has different features
- How to switch between workspaces
- How to save kahoots in the correct location
- How to move kahoots between workspaces
- How to use the Archive
- How to change workspace icon
Each workspace has different content
Your Home, Discover, Library, Groups, and Reports views show different content depending on the currently active workspace. This is why it’s important to be mindful of the current workspace you are navigating. Each of the workspaces has its own Library, Home, Discover, and Reports view.
When you log in, you will be in the last workspace you used.
Each workspace has different features
Features differ based on the workspace you’re in.
- If you join a shared workspace, features within the workspace are set by the workspace owner’s subscription plan. You can join multiple shared workspaces.
- If you start an individual subscription on your account, features within your private workspace are set by your plan.
- If you start a subscription that lets you own a shared workspace, features within your shared workspace are set by your plan. You can only own one shared workspace.
- In the kahoot creator, you see different features depending on the current workspace and the subscription level assigned to it. Before clicking Create, make sure you are in the correct workspace to be able to access the features you need.
- Your player limit is determined by the subscription reflected in the workspace you were in when you started hosting or assigning the game.
How to switch between workspaces
All your workspaces are visible on the left side of our platform. Through this panel, you can easily check what’s the current workspace and switch between them whenever you want.
You can also click on your profile picture in the top right corner and click Switch workspace.
The first workspace from the top on the left-side panel is always your private workspace.
How to save kahoots in the correct location
In shared workspaces, you will have two main folders: the private and the shared folder. You can switch between them in the Library tab through the left-side panel.
You have a separate private folder in each of your workspaces. You have as many private folders as you have workspaces.
- Before you start creating the game, make sure you are in the workspace where the game should be saved.
- In the Kahoot summary within the creator, you are only able to change kahoot’s location between your private and the shared folder within the particular workspace. If you create a game in workspace A, you can’t save it directly to workspace B.
How to move kahoots between workspaces
Certain business subscriptions don’t allow moving kahoots between workspaces.
- Go to Library (make sure you are in the workspace where the game is currently saved),
- Click the three vertical dots next to the relevant kahoot,
- Click Move,
- Click Back until you are in the Workspaces window,
- Select the new workspace,
- Click Move here.
You can read more about folders here.
How to use the Archive
The Archive is available only to users who used to be owners of a shared workspace and switched to an individual subscription.
- Go to the shared workspace.
- Click Archive at the bottom of the left-side panel.
- Select the kahoots you wish to restore.
- Click Restore. From here you can also permanently delete kahoots from this workspace. The restored kahoots will appear in the Library of the private workspace.
How to change workspace icon
We recommend adding a custom icon to your workspace so that it's easier to identify within the platform and app. Only the owner and admins of the workspace can change its icon.
- Click on your avatar in the top left corner of the platform,
- Click on the workspace icon or the placeholder,
- Click Upload and select the image that you want to make the icon,
- Click Save.