With workspaces, you can organize your content and separate what’s shared with your team and what’s private. A workspace is where you can create, edit, and access kahoots, courses, reports, and groups. You can switch between workspaces anytime. Access to content and features differs based on which workspace you’re in.
- Workspaces allow you to have your private content completely separate and independent from your organization's content.
- It's simple and seamless to join new shared workspaces.
- Having a dedicated organization's shared space ensures content that belongs to the shared workspace is not lost once members are removed from the shared workspace.
To gain access to a shared workspace where you can collaborate, you need to purchase a plan with multiple licenses and invite other team members. Alternatively, you can be invited to someone else's shared workspace as a member.
Each workspace has different content
Your Home, Discover, Library, Groups, and Reports views show different content depending on the currently active workspace. This is why it’s important to be mindful of the current workspace you are navigating. Each of the workspaces has its own Library, Home, Discover, and Reports view.
When you log in, you will be in the last workspace you used.
Each workspace has different features
Features differ based on the workspace you’re in.
- If you join a shared workspace, features within the workspace are set by the workspace owner’s subscription plan. You can join multiple shared workspaces.
- If you start an individual subscription on your account, features within your private workspace are set by your plan.
- If you start a subscription that lets you own a shared workspace, features within your shared workspace are set by your plan. You can only own one shared workspace.
- In the kahoot creator, you see different features depending on the current workspace and the subscription level assigned to it. Before clicking Create, make sure you are in the correct workspace to be able to access the features you need.
- Your player limit is determined by the subscription reflected in the workspace you were in when you started hosting or assigning the game.
How to switch between workspaces
- Log in.
- Click on the icon of your current workspace (the first icon from the top on the left-side panel).
- From the drop-down menu click on the workspace you want to access.
💡 Alternatively, you can click on your profile picture in the top right corner and click Switch workspace.
💡 The first workspace from the top on the list of your workspaces is always your private workspace.
How to save kahoots in the correct location
You will have two main sections in shared workspaces: the Your folders (private) and the Team folders (shared) section. You can switch between them in the Library tab through the left-side panel.
You have a separate private folder in each of your workspaces. You have as many private folders as you have workspaces.
- Before you start creating the game, make sure you are in the workspace where the game should be saved.
- In the Kahoot summary within the creator, you are only able to change kahoot’s location between your private and the shared folder within the particular workspace. If you create a game in workspace A, you can’t save it directly to workspace B.
How to move kahoots between workspaces
Certain business subscriptions don’t allow moving kahoots between workspaces.
- Go to Library (make sure you are in the workspace where the game is currently saved),
- Click the three vertical dots next to the relevant kahoot,
- Click Move,
- Click Back until you are in the Workspaces window,
- Select the new workspace,
- Click Move here.
You can read more about folders here.
If you want to move your kahoot to share it with your team in a shared workspace, it's recommended to:
This way you ensure that all your content will remain available to you even if your access to shared workspaces changes in the future.
How to use the Archive
The Archive is available only to users who used to be owners of a shared workspace and switched to an individual subscription.
- Go to the Library tab.
- Click Archive at the bottom of the left-side panel.
- Select the kahoots you wish to restore.
- Click Restore. From here you can also permanently delete kahoots. The restored kahoots will appear in the Library of the private workspace.
How to change workspace icon
We recommend adding a custom icon to your workspace so that it's easier to identify within the platform and app. Only the owner and admins of the workspace can change its icon.
- Click on your avatar in the top left corner of the platform,
- Click on the workspace icon or the placeholder,
- Click Upload and select the image that you want to make the icon,
- Click Save.