Ask for help
Contact us. We're happy to investigate why your kahoot was flagged and help get it out of moderation. For a quick resolution, please answer the "What is your inquiry about?" question with "Create and share kahoots -> Flagged kahoot". Also, please include your username and the title of the kahoot in your message.
- If your kahoot was flagged or quarantined in error, let us know and we’ll happily investigate. Please keep your kahoot public, it is very important, because if you make it private, we won’t be able to see or review your game.
- If you do not want to change anything in your game and still be able to host and share it with your friends, change your kahoot’s visibility to “private”. It will automatically release your game from moderation.
- If you’ve updated your kahoot and believe your kahoot now aligns with our Terms and Conditions, simply ask us to re-review your kahoot. We’ll either approve it or let you know if anything still needs to be addressed.
How does content get flagged?
Only public content (saved as “Visible to: Everyone”) is subject to moderation. We have three methods of moderation in place:
- AI scans for inappropriate words or phrases
AI does not take context into consideration. We're happy to if you contact us!
- Moderators search for inappropriate content
- Kahoot!'ers like yourself can flag inappropriate content
What is and is not allowed in a kahoot?
Generally, we're happy to allow content that has clear academic value, does not contain personal information and strives for objectivity. Our Acceptable Use Policy outlines that it's the responsibility of every user to ensure their content is not:
- Illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language which;
- Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights;
- Contains any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising;
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any Kahoot! AS employees or representatives.
What do the different moderation statuses mean?
Once flagged, our moderation team will review your kahoot (usually within 24 hours) to determine if it should be quarantined or approved.
- Flagged: You can edit, delete, and play your kahoot. It’s accessible to everyone who has a direct link to it, though it can't be found through the Discover page. You will receive in-platform notices about this.
- Quarantined: You can only edit or delete your kahoot. It’s not accessible to anyone but you. You will receive an email as well as in-platform notices about this.
- Approved: You can edit, delete, play and share your kahoot like normal. It cannot be flagged until after you’ve edited it.